Pages


Welcome August!




I can hardly believe that it's August already - I feel like this entire year has slipped by.  I guess working full time, being pregnant, parenting my two ladies and dealing with several mini deployments can make the time go quickly lol.  August is a busy month for us - prepping for the new baby's arrival (which can happen anytime after August 7 - more to follow on this lol) and getting the Bear ready for Maternelle (which is French kindergarten) and prepping for my big sister's visit in September!!

So here's a quick baby update - I am now approx 36.5 weeks.  According to my midwives - my due date is August 28, according to my calculations and the app on my phone - my due date is August 25, and according to my fetal assessment ultrasound my due date should be August 23.  I would be happy with any of those dates - just no baby until after the 7th of August.  As of the 7th - I will be 37 weeks (full term) and that means I can have this little gal at the Birth Centre here.  If I go into labour before then - we have to head to one of the hospitals which is not my preferred choice.  The Birth Centre is a GORGEOUS facility and I really really really want to have this baby there.  In terms of names - we still don't have one.  So if you have any super awesome suggestions for baby names that end with the letter A - let me know - we can not decide on one that we both like lol.

Bear starts Maternelle in September and I'm so excited/nervous for her.  First of all - I can't believe that she's 5.  Secondly, I can't believe that we are putting her in FULL FRENCH school.  That scares this Momma for the sole reason that French is not my forte - I can read it and I can somewhat understand it, but speaking it to other people out loud - scares the poop out of me lol.  I'm just not confident in my French speaking skills anymore.  And it's FULL days.  Monday - Friday all day long.  I think she'll be okay with that because she's been in full daycare for over a year now and is definitely used to the routine of being busy all day.  We decided to keep the Bug in full daycare this year too because to pull her from her friends to hang out at home with me and the baby just seems silly.  Plus it's a good routine for her and it means we will be more likely to get a spot for Baby 3 if I decide to go back to work when my maternity leave is finished.

I'm definitely starting to nest more - as I'm writing this from my bed - I'm noticing several "projects" that need to get done in the bedroom.  Right away.  Probably tomorrow because I'm too lazy to crawl out of bed to do them tonight.  I cleaned the ensuite bathroom earlier today and boy does it ever look nice now - I'm proud of myself for doing it but also kind of mad at myself that it took so long for me to get my butt in gear to get it organized and looking awesome.

Stay tuned for more from me - I actually have a little calendar and plan to write as much as possible now :) - we will see what ends up happening though lol.

And here's a bump picture for you :)


 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment